good morning campers...i hope everyone is well ....this new normal we all have going on now is full of so many different emotions....it's hard to pin point exactly how you are feeling because your emotions change as frequently as the weather...well the weather in virginia...snow in the am, rain 2 hours later, another hour and it's sunny and 70, then after lunch it's a hailstorm, then cloudy, and then follow up with a hurricane.....normal weather pattern.....very similar to our ever changing emotions during our (major sound effects coming up) ..... life styles of the hermits and hibernators....
so it seems that all of a sudden most everyone is interacting through social media......very strange, cause the 1 thing that kinda bothered me with my grands was their constant need to be on a device.... or a gadget....ha ha remember inspector gadget?...go go gadget arms........great tv show......anyway... here we are, all doing the same as them....funny...well to them......it's so weird to not be able to go anywhere......wanna read a book...libraries are closed....gotta use a kindle.....but i like real books......so reread one of your own books.....but i have read and reread all of my books so....i sound like my kids did when they were home and with nothing to do except tell me how bored they were, then i would say, "i can find something for you to do if you are bored, something like having a toothbrush to clean the toliet with, that would keep ya busy"......ya know i said that my mom used to tell us to do this, i'm not real sure if we ever actually did or it was just threatened so many times that we feel like we did do that....hmmmmm?
so i compare this virus to poison ivy......bad and bad.......so a couple years ago i was cleaning out weeds at my moms...the one time she let me do something....go figure.....and my aunt was there helping too....my aunt says "oh that's poison ivy, make sure you wash up afterwards".....yeah.....i did not.....and guess who is allergic to poison ivy now?.....yep...that's me....never had a problem before, but i became full fledged allergic to poison ivy the next day........so strange.....it was just on my hands and forearms, but if anyone has had poison ivy before, even a little bit is awful!....i said this must be what h*** is like....you scratch and scratch and scratch but the itch never goes away....and try running hot water over it....yeah that will send you somewhere not so fun.......believe me i tried everything......insane itching......i researched poison ivy till i knew everything there was to know about it....forgot alot of it, but some things did stick with me.........it's like people will tell me something like" the llama saddle has a small tear in it and we used the purple glue, worked like a charm, and by the way gracie's duck is named tootsie pop" and i will hear " small, llama, purple duck charm, tear, tootsie pop".....so anyway i retain only so much, and i never really know what i retained till i need it.....so now there is a small llama with a purple duck charm that tears up tootsie pops .....could be worse...... but back to poison ivy.......
my 6 facts about poison ivy...told by someone who did research a couple years ago and retains very little.....also...disclaimer...i am not a medical professional...ha ha that's just funny to even think i am....so take everything with a grain of salt...or a pinch of pepper.....turmeric works too......
1) you can't see the poison from poison ivy (similar to the virus) (but , if i remember correctly , there is a scientist in california who invented this liquid that when you spray it on something that was touched by poison ivy you can see the poison ivy oil on it, so you know not to touch there...i tried to buy a gallon of this, but it wasn't for sale yet) ....
2) if you touch poison ivy, you can transfer it to other things (similar to the virus), ...(your dog brushes their furry body up against poison ivy and you just hug and cuddle your dog and end up itching the next day or that night)
3) poison can stay on other things for an indeterminate amount of time..(similar to the virus).....(i believe i heard poison ivy can last up to a year on some surfaces...yikes)...(remember my retaining of facts on the time limit)
4) the best way to not get poison ivy after you might have been exposed to it,.... is to wash with soap and water, thoroughly, between fingers, tops of hands, arms, fingernails, etc...or anywhere you touched or might have been touched, use a wash cloth, scrub twice (similar to the virus...not sure about the wash cloth thing).....
5) the best way not to get poison ivy in the first place...is to stay away from possible poison ivy sources (similar to the virus...the whole isolation, social distancing thing)......( of course see items 1-4 again)
6) but ya know you could do all the above and still get poison ivy (similar to the virus).........
so basically it's a be safe, be smart and trust God kinda thing ....
stay in touch with family and friends, by arrgghh..social media, phone, or yelling outside
and remember if it's raining, give it a couple hours, things usually change
take care and beeeeee groovy!
ps- my orange couch series are particularly relevant at the moment....love that
im bobbi from bobbis murals...muralist, artist, creative mess. writing a blog about the journey of a muralist/ artist and her quest for a place in the confetti coloured art world